Thursday, April 05, 2007

Java GDS2062 1.0.9 etc

Went shopping at Giant near Senawang today. We took the 'scenic route', but got a little lost. I wasn't bothered, I hadn't been there before, but shopping malls are not exactly nirvana for me. The scenery on the way was marvellous, we can get lost again and it'll be a pleasure. Almost every other place I've been in Malaysia is palm oil plantation all the way, but there were plenty of rubber plantations and some sugar cane, banana and bamboo today. Some of the villages along the way looked lovely.

Anyway, got a couple of updates on the Java scope utility today. It now has some support for setting the trigger, and displays the current trigger status (not really status, still can't get RUN/STOP) very much like the scope itself does. I use extended JLabels for the utility. The earlier ones are all setup by a monolithic refresh procedure that gets all the data from the scope. The trigger has its own refresh method, which makes the code a little bit easier to browse through.

Went fishing for the next burst in the C2 erase sequence, and got it after two tries. Well, I got something after two tries. As I get further into the sequence, the jitter on the bursts may eventually be sufficient that I'll skip a burst and get the next one. I'm still hoping that my answer lies in the early part of the sequence. Today's burst is WAffRDc0. Again, I'm utterly clueless. So the IDE reads 0xc0 from register 0xff - so what?

Ricky from ec2drv emailed more helpful info for getting the USB debug adapter going. I'll work on that tomorrow.

No comments: